We are a 30-person strong, award-winning digital marketing agency that specializes in tourism & travel, higher education, non-profit, and consumer marketing. If you need a partner to create or improve your digital strategy, design and build a custom-crafted website or get better results from your online marketing efforts, you have come to the right place.
Here are some of the services we can provide you.
Take a closer look at our websites and other projects.
We're growing and looking for skilled, passionate people to join our team. Check out our openings.
Senior User Experience Architect
BarkleyREI has an immediate opening for a Senior User Experience Architect who will be part of a multi-disciplinary project team working directly with clients and users to create compelling, insight-driven websites and Web applications.
Work closely with users, stakeholders and other internal teams to develop a comprehensive understanding of user requirements and business goals, translate user requirements and strategy into a blueprint for websites and applications, assess usability, contribute to the evolution of information architecture/user experience design and act as a liaison between the client and the Company.
Work closely with users, stakeholders, and the Design, Development and Account teams to develop a comprehensive understanding of user requirements and business goals
- Conduct user research, including but not limited to informational interviews, focus groups and surveys
- Translate user input and goals into formal or informal documentation such as user profiles or personas
- Assist with development of strategy
Translate user requirements and strategy into a blueprint for websites and Web applications
- Develop architectures and interaction methods that contribute to a positive, interesting, and productive user experience
- Create information architecture documentation such as content outlines/matrices, sitemaps and flows, developing navigation and labeling
- Ensure site content is presented in a coherent, organized, and usable fashion
- Create interface design documentation such as wireframes, paper prototypes and functional requirements
- Work with visual designers to ensure user experience requirements are accurately captured
- Work with front-end and back-end developers to ensure feasibility of the interface design
- Act as an advocate for the user
- Plan and conduct usability testing
- Conduct expert content and usability assessments
Help with the evolution of information architecture and user experience design
- Share expertise in best practices for information architecture and design, as well as current and emerging trends and technologies in user experience
- Mentor other user experience team members
Help with the growth of the agency and support new business efforts
- Actively participate in agency new business efforts by contributing to proposals, attending and presenting at pitches, etc.
Bachelor's and/or master's degree (degree or course work in the following is a plus: human computer interaction, information architecture, information design, cognitive psychology, interactive design)
Minimum of 5+ years of experience working in information architecture, information design or human computer interaction, or related fields. Agency experience a plus.
- Strong knowledge of user-centered design principles and usability assessment methods
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Comfortable speaking in focus groups that include C-suite executives
- Proficiency with Axure (or similar software) and the MS Office Suite
- Proficiency with Morae, Camtasia, or similar software
- Willingness to travel
- High tolerance for ambiguity
- Genuine respect for others
- Positive, honest and earnest
- Ability to let go of good ideas in favor of great ideas
- A passion for all things interactive
Please include a resume and samples or a link to your online portfolio for consideration.
Apply for this position at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Develop, manage, and grow client relationships as well as create, execute and administer interactive marketing campaigns for key clients. Lead an inter-disciplinary marketing team, including creative, media, production, and technology resources to deliver innovative marketing solutions.
Management of client accounts, including client-facing communication and internal team management. Ensures client satisfaction, quality delivery, profitability, and effective management of REI projects.
- Develop integrated interactive strategies to meet client’s business and marketing objectives through best-in-breed web sites and, working with REI’s online marketing team, online marketing plans such as banners, SEO, PPC, social media, email marketing, mobile marketing, and online relations Work with client to strategically integrate online efforts with client’s offline efforts
- Organize and facilitate client discovery meetings and presentation of strategic deliverables to client, leveraging REI’s directors and strategic resources
- Ensure strategic recommendations are carried out through all subsequent work
- Keep client abreast of industry trends and best practices
- Routinely review client’s objectives and online needs
Day-to-day management of complex client accounts
- Estimate projects with help of teams
- Develop and maintain project schedules, ensuring project milestones are met on time and within budget
- Secure resources through production coordinator
- Lead definition and documentation of project requirements, including business requirements, measures of success, change management, communications, and project analysis for projects
- Day-to-day client, project, and team management
- Provide client with weekly client status reports
- Maintain internal project status and pipeline reports
- Adhere to REI process and standards
- Coordinate dissemination of assets from clients to production team
Ensure account profitability and growth
- Deliver projects on budget through project estimating, tracking, reporting and invoice/budget tracking
- Prepare for and participate in monthly account reviews with senior management
- Develop statements of work and change orders
- Keep clients abreast of budget throughout projects and present change orders when necessary
- Collaborate with strategists and online marketing to identify opportunities for growth and ongoing plans to address client business goals
- Participate in new business development process when necessary
Ensure client satisfaction
- Consistently and reliably serve clients needs
- Ensure delivery of superior quality, effective work
- Establish effective working relationship as client advisor and advocate
- Maintain open, professional, and timely communication
- Raise issues/concerns to management
Actively participate in team and company development
- Actively contribute to the creation and optimization of an efficient and effective process
- Support team members in skill transition and knowledge transfer
Requirements / Education
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s Degree
- Minimum of three - five years of experience in interactive account management and/or online marketing
- Strong strategic thinking capabilities
- A proven track record for delivering complex web projects on-time and within budget
- An understanding of internet technologies as well as online marketing tactics
- A passion for the web as well as an awareness of how emerging technologies alter media consumption
- Sense of humor a must.
Apply for this position at email@example.com.