Join the Team at BarkleyREI
BarkleyREI is looking for a talented entry-level to mid-level Visual Designer to be a part of our Experience Design Team. The ideal candidate will be a visual storyteller and problem solver with a passion for big ideas, impeccable design and attention to detail. This candidate should have a solid understanding of Web Design, User Experience and Interactive Design.
- Create inspiring, strategic and innovative design solutions for a variety of clients.
- Design multiple projects in various design styles that best suit the project scope and adhere to brand standards when necessary.
- Works autonomously and as part of a team.
- Takes design direction well and embraces critiques from team members.
- Is a self-starter who is extremely motivated. Attitude is everything.
- Works closely with Creative Director, UX Team, Content Strategists, and User Interface Developers to deliver effective solutions.
- Takes ownership of projects from concept to implementation by working within various budgets and fast-paced deadlines.
- Maintains an understanding of the latest industry and design trends and emerging web technologies.
- Reports to Creative Director.
- Travel occasionally.
- 4 years of design experience with at least 2 years focus in Interactive Design.
- Experience designing for multiple devices and knowledge of Responsive Web Design.
- A solid portfolio that demonstrates Interactive Design innovation and expertise.
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Communication Design, or equivalent.
- Extremely proficient in the latest version of Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. Able to articulate design concepts to the team and client successfully.
- Able to articulate design concepts to the team and client successfully.
- Effective time management skills to balance project schedule with fast-paced deadlines.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of User-Centered Design principles.
- Understanding of ADA Compliance and how it applies to Web Design.
- Experience with prototyping software such as Invision or Axure.
- 401K & ESOP
- Full Benefits to include Medical, Dental, Vision & FSA
- Life Insurance
- Laptop of your choice (Mac or PC)
- Company provided cell phone
- Gym Reimbursement
- Corn-hole, foosball, snacks and a beer fridge
Please include a resume, salary requirements and a link to your online portfolio for consideration.