Join the Team at BarkleyREI
BarkleyREI is looking for a talented User Experience Designer to contract with our Experience Design Team on a variety of projects. The ideal candidate will be part of a collaborative, multi-disciplinary team working directly with clients and users to create user centered websites and applications.
- Create inspiring, strategic and innovative user centered design solutions.
- Conduct user research, including but not limited to interviews, focus groups and online surveys.
- Conduct expert reviews and usability assessments.
- Translate user input and goals into formal or informal documentation such as user profiles or personas.
- Assist with development of website and product strategies.
- Create interface design documentation such as wireframes, paper prototypes and functional requirements.
- Plan, conduct and analyze usability testing as necessary.
- Work closely with Client Service, Content Strategists, and Visual Designers to ensure requirements are accurately captured.
- Collaborate with Front-End & Back-End Developers to ensure feasibility of the interface design.
- Maintains an understanding of the latest industry and design trends and emerging digital technologies.
- Takes direction well and embraces critiques from team members.
- Is a self-starter who is extremely motivated. Attitude is everything.
- Reports to Creative Director.
- Bachelor’s degree in Visual Design, Interaction Design, Web Design, Human-Computer Interaction, or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience in either user experience design, interaction design or related fields.
- Strong knowledge of user-centered design principles and usability assessment methodology.
- Extremely Proficient in Axure or similar wireframing software.
- Extremely Proficient in Morae, Camtasia, or similar Usability Testing software.
- Excellent communication, written and presentation skills.
- Experience designing for multiple devices and knowledge of Responsive Web Design.
- Solid portfolio that demonstrates Interactive and User Experience Design innovation and expertise.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Interaction Design, Human-Computer Interaction or a related design or behavioral science discipline.
- Agency experience Understanding of ADA Compliance and how it applies to Web Design.
- Experience with Invision prototyping software
- 401K & ESOP
- Full Benefits to include Medical, Dental, Vision & FSA
- Life Insurance
- Laptop of your choice (Mac or PC)
- Company provided cell phone
- Gym Reimbursement
- Corn-hole, foosball, snacks and a beer fridge
Please include a resume, hourly rate and a link to your online portfolio for consideration.