BarkleyREI, one of Pittsburgh’s leading digital design agencies, has an immediate opening for an experienced Senior User Interface Developer on BarkleyREI’s ARCHITECH team.
ARCHITECH is a new, online service that empowers destination marketing organizations to create and manage best-in-class tourism websites.
- Writing semantic HTML and CSS with a strong focus on web standards and accessibility
- Creating and integrating compelling user interfaces
- Maintaining and enhancing the front-end architecture of the BuiltForYou.com platform
- Staying abreast of new web standards, interface technologies and media technologies
- Mentoring and guiding other team members on best practices related the web development
The right candidate must be able to manage multiple priorities, work within deadlines and provide accurate estimations of effort. They will work closely with other members of a cross functional development team.
- Strong emphasis and understanding of HTML5 and CSS3
- Contribute to existing projects within their respective frameworks
- Work with back-end developers, user-experience architects, as well as the design team to come up with the best solutions for a client
- Prepare estimates on required work
- Very strong attention to detail
- Improvise, troubleshoot, and learn new skills on the job
Qualifications and Requirements
- At least 5 years of web related software development
- Extensive experience writing standards-based, semantically correct HTML and CSS
- Extensive experience with responsive / mobile web design
- Strong focus on web standards and accessibility
- Strong understanding of mobile first web practices
- Strong understanding of cross-browser issues and debugging
- Experience with the frameworks and libraries: Bootstrap, jQuery, RequireJS, Knockout.JS, Lodash
- Experience writing and maintaining build scripts using Grunt and Bower
- Experience with Less/Sass
- Experience and familiarity with GIT for version control
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Asp.Net, Razor, C# experience a huge plus
- Basic understanding of Content Management Systems
All members of the technical team are expected to fully engage with their ideas, experiences to achieve the best results. Collaboration is essential and requires an ability to contribute effectively and be receptive to critiques.
Other key attributes include: dependability, communication, initiative, teamwork, interpersonal skills, decision-making, leadership, judgment, innovation, problem solving, productivity and planning.
Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org